Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to Work

I went back to work on Tuesday from my summer break.  What an adjustment; its not just the going back to work part that is hard.  They moved me into a different building, into a different classroom, with a different co-workers, with a different supervisor.  Get the trend here - DIFFERENT?!  At least I am still paired with my co-teacher Meegan that I was with last year; I am so thankful for her. She is a great person and the ying to my yang when it comes to teaching.  It's hard to find someone like that in the world of teaching preschool.  The classroom they moved us into is DISGUSTINGLY dirty.  I just don't get it. There is literally dried glue and paint all over the shelves and dirt/dust every where.  I am wearing grubby clothes to work today so I can really do some deep cleaning.  I am really excited about the classroom they moved us into though because it is HUGE compared to what we were in last year and we have a TON of windows which I am so thrilled with!  We even have a enough room to set up a small tent and keep it up all year for an "alone zone" for a child who might need a break from the hub-bub of classroom life! My kiddos start on the 16th for a 1/2 day and then are there from 9-1 every day after.  We have a bunch of repeat students from last year because they were not old enough to enter kindergarten, so we have them for another year which is just LOVELY!!  :)

Sunshine is taking is pretty well I think.  I am only working 6 hours a day, where as last year I was out of the house for about 9.  DH has her during the day. He doesn't go into work until 4 so we don't need childcare this year, which I am thankful for because it saves us a whopping $600 a month.  I feel bad though because she keeps asking to go to "school".  I just can't justify it though.  So we are continuing with her swim lessons into November and she has also begun taking dance so that will help with the social piece that I am worried about with her being an only child.   I am also going to start taking some time each afternoon to do a more structured home school program with her because I don't want her to miss out and be bored!

No comments: